ESET NOD32 Antivirus description
Antivirus System that provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC
NOD32 provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC and enterprise systems running various platforms from Microsoft Windows through a number of UNIX/Linux, Novell, MS DOS operating systems to Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino and other mail servers.
Trojans, viruses, worms and other malware using NOD32 are kept out of striking distance of your valuable data. Advanced detection methods implemented in the software even provide protection against the future threats from most of the new worms and viruses.
The fourth generation of the NOD32 Antivirus System features a fully integrated software suite characterized by an unprecedented detection track record, the fastest scanning rates and extremely low utilization of system resources.
NOD32's detection efficiency combined with 2-50 times faster hard disk scanning rate earned the product many international prestigious awards.
NOD32 is the world leader of the Virus Bulletin 100% Awards having won more awards (21) than any competing product. Since its first submission for testing in May 1998, NOD32 was the only tested product that has never missed a single In the Wild virus.
Here are some key features of "ESET NOD32 Antivirus":
· ThreatSense technology - a single optimized anti-threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing and more
· Unprecedented heuristic analysis capable of discovering new malware threats as they emerge
· Powerful virtual PC emulation technology enables unpacking and decryption of all types of archives and run-time packing
· Able to clean active malware running in memory
· Protects at multiple infiltration points, including HTTP, POP3, SMTP and all local and removable media
· Removes infections from files that are locked for writing (e.g., loaded DLL file)
· Prevents infected files from being opened and executed, and warns on creation of infected files
· Automatic execution on system startup
· Supports multiple Terminal Server environments
· Supports scanning of mapped network disks
· 400 MHz
· 128MB RAM of system memory
· 35MB available space
· Super VGA (800 x 600)
· The trial version is for non-commercial, trial purposes, only. The trial period is limited to a 30 day period. After expiration of the trial period, NOD32 has to be uninstalled or purchased.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for AIK 2.0 for Windows 7
· Added support for Windows NT 4.0 SP6
· Improved performance for http scanning
· Added support for Dynamic Disks
· Changed password input control
· Extended data can be sent from the internal contact customer care form
· Antivirus & Antispyware
· Antivirus and Antispyware exceptions can be added in quotation marks
· Settings from On-Demand Scanner profiles can now copy all values
· Display notification about scan completion in a separate window functions properly
· Repair installation no longer disables real-time protection after restart
· ESET SysRescue
· Added ability to include external programs on ISO images
· Fixed issue creating bootable disk on different types of media
· Fixed issue with detecting HDD and LAN under Windows XP SP3
· Repaired incorrect/random date displayed under "Last successful update" before an update has occurred